forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk
Happiness in A+E

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

favourite track on the album (ROCKERS!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Albums
View previous topic :: View next topic  

if you had to pick one, what is your favourite song on the album? (RRRRAWK!)
standing on my own again
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
i can't look at your skin
9%
 9%  [ 8 ]
don't let your man know
23%
 23%  [ 20 ]
gimme some love
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
i don't wanna go out
32%
 32%  [ 28 ]
you always let me down
11%
 11%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 86

simon3862

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard to choose one innit.. but i'm hooked on can't think of your skin.. near the end.. about 3.10.. where the guitar comes in.. that bit fucking rocckkkks! pure rock 'n roll..
flemmo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simon3862 wrote:
hard to choose one innit.. but i'm hooked on can't think of your skin

yeah Si, I think that is a real contender.
Funny thing singles. Us fans have the album so it doesnt really matter. Perhaps Graham prefers to put out his favourites as singles, or perhaps the record company pick the ones with more commercial appeal? Certainly the rockers with big riffs seem to go down the best (song2, freakin out).
I love 'You and I' and 'I Dont Wanna Go Out' but not sure of them as singles. People in radio land seem to only give songs 1 listen before forming an opinion. e.g. I Didnt like 'I Dont Wanna Go Out' at 1st, then half way through when it stops and starts again with that guitar flying around the speakers OMG! Very Happy

For what its worth I'd pick 'Skin' then 'Man' and close with 'Day'... until I change my mind anyway! Laughing
twabbt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question why nobody chose SOMA ? well, if i had to choose one i'd say gimme some love maybe cos when he played it in Rome (it was November 2004) i was so excited and started dreaming about this new album.
grahamsglasses

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never chose between: Standing on my own again, Don't let your man know, and I don't wanna go out.. Confused

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just made a terrible mistake.

of course i wanted to tick i don't wanna go out not you always let me down!
Roversrobin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe more people haven't gone for You & I!!! I absolutely LOVE that song from the first moment i heard it - i'm overjoyed that its the next single - gonna buy all formats about four times as back up!! Love it!!

its gonna beeeeeeee a while/til i get to seeeeee your smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

LOVE IT!!
Sean

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roversrobin wrote:
I can't believe more people haven't gone for You & I!!! I absolutely LOVE that song from the first moment i heard it - i'm overjoyed that its the next single - gonna buy all formats about four times as back up!! Love it!!

its gonna beeeeeeee a while/til i get to seeeeee your smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

LOVE IT!!

wrong thread for 'you & i'! Wink
Bob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to go out is awwwwwsome!! Cool
spyman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Becci wrote:
the fucking solo on gimme some love man... oooooh my face was blistering... love it love it...

this being my first post on the new album i feel the need to point out i got the dvd version for 14! i did it again... baZING!

I might point out I got the DVD version for a tenner, brand new too.

I don't wanna go out is straight into my top 5 Coxon records...it's fuckin A!
SpiderMonkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

standing on my own and see a better day have to be my favourite songs

I say, It's in the arch of my back, The sun of my smile, The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman
alex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i knew it, i don't have only one fave anymore. cos they're all blooooooody AWESOME live!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't wanna go out is SO POWERFUL I COULD NOT STAND STILL, not even if i ever wanted to, but i never wanted to so this doesn't make sense but...err...you get it, no??

I AM THRILLED!!
Sean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex wrote:
i knew it, i don't have only one fave anymore. cos they're all blooooooody AWESOME live!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't wanna go out is SO POWERFUL I COULD NOT STAND STILL, not even if i ever wanted to, but i never wanted to so this doesn't make sense but...err...you get it, no??

I AM THRILLED!!

oh alex! you see 'em in meelan last neet? i didn't know you were going...!! any chance of a mini report? pics? glad you had the fun!
alex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did! i didn't say anything cos i was not sure i would have been able to get in...first, they said it was a competition- only gig, then mtv said it was actually a free entrance gig (and that has been lucky for me but it has been bad as far as the composition of the shitty crowd we had yesterday is concerned...speaking of which, i would just like to say to emi and managers, if you read this: crowds in milan are notoriously like that, pretty often!!! go play in other places as well...i understand that milan is caput mundi in italy in terms of promotion and all...but it's not the best place to find good crowds here. I normally don't enjoy the people i have around in milan. i didn't care much last night cos i had much much much fun but i was really sorry for the guys)

they made such a mess with this gig from day one....they said it would have been smth like...first,we let those who won the competition in, then we let other people in. then apparently, they even made a mess with the competition so we got the news that it would have been free entrance full stop, smth like that. what a bloody mess...i can't stand these things, i would have much preferred a normal gig, organised by the management. the place is not huge so i did go but i was not extrasure i would have made it...still, i said: well fine, haven't been in milan for such a long long time! plus, i saw kia again after a long time and took a break from everything for one day and a half.

I didn't take any pictures, i never do cos i am crap at doing it Embarassed
kia was supposed to but couldn't, her camera was too big apparently and they didn't let her take pics....

I would love to write a review but i am not good at doing it.... Embarassed
Sean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what was with the crowd alex? were they a bit unreceptive to graham and the band?
alex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately yes....they jumped on the obvious stuff...when almost the entire set was like: come on people!! you don't want to jump? fine, i don't always always do that myself(i don't pogo i am scared of that, for example) and not cos i don't like the songs, you know that...it depends on the personality too in a way... but sing along, support, how can you not do that???? it's too involving!! apart from those reflective, intimate moments when you get those marvellous tracks, some of my very faves, like "just a state of mind" or "all over me" or "girl done gone", which gave me the thrills....it was too powerful a gig not to react!! too powerful in every sense...emotionally and sonically....i went mad during "i don't wanna go out", i knew it would have been tremendously strong. plus, didn't he change something in "all over me"? am i going mad? i thought it sounded enriched...very very nice.
they were not receptive, no...it also looked as if many of them were actually there mainly for dirty pretty things. By the way, i expected graham and carl to do something together, dunno why...i felt it...but it didn't happen. i do blame the milanese crowd in general cos they are a bit like that (and if they come here and kick my arse, i don't care cos this is true, with some due exceptions of course, as usual), but i mainly blame mtv...i think lots of people, proper fans too, got discouraged. i nearly did. up to sunday i didn't know whether or not i would have gone to milan. didn't know what to do.

Last edited by alex on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Albums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: