forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk
Happiness in A+E

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What guitar(s) do you play?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lunachic

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: What guitar(s) do you play? Reply with quote

I feel kinda bare with only one at the mo. I didn't have enough space to keep them (when I move I'll have fun shopping!) Rolling Eyes BTW I have a Les Paul Epiphone. Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lovely white Epiphone Sheraton, a funny blue electro-acoustic and a tobacco sunburst Westfield bass that I found in York for the princely sum of 60 quid! No amp for it though. The Sheraton goes through a Marshall Bluebreaker pedal (one of the olds ones that look like a big moldy wedge of cheese) into an ancient red amp that might be a Carlsbro but I cannae be sure because the logo dropped off before it came into my possession!
lunachic

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there was I starting to think no one played guitar here!! Cool
Syrup Sponge

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "Candy apple red" Telecaster from Squier. Chosen partly because of Graham's liking for the creatures.

30 watts of Marshall amp to play it through as well.
starvingshittysuperhero

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play a really cheap Stagg Stratocaster and an Ibanez Acoustic. (my big dream is a Jag-Stang, but in a better color)

btw: are there any tabs for happiness in magazines already out?
Danger Mouse

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play a butterscotch squire tele, a lorenzo acoustic and a vintage bass
Rob.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got two of Graham's guitars

I've purchased last year a Fender Butterscotch Tele 52 reissue (used) with a Fender Amp. This was bought starting from my love for Graham's work.

And I have a relic '63 Les Paul Black Beauty (which dates to my mother's younger years). I only play it in rare occasions (eg: gigs and other stuff)
Yanik

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play on Fender telecaster and Vox amplifier, there's sound great together!!! i love that !! Very Happy
andylemming

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good old Teles. I want one now...

I've just added a new guitar to my collection: a dodgy Aria Pro 2 Explorer that I found under the stairs (gotta love student houses!). It's got a Floyd Rose, but the whammy bar is missing and so is the lock off the nut, and so is the back plate for the Floyd Rose, and so are half the strings.

Can't knock a free guitar though. Can you? Confused

Perhaps it's a do-er-up-er...
Sean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems a rather pointless discussion but still I'll throw my hat in the ring...

I've got an Eko 12 string from the 70's, a Yamaha acoustic and a Fender Telecaster. No idea what the official name is for the colour but its a kind of tobacco sunburst. Telecasters rule.

To the chap who wants tabs for Happiness In Magazines - I hate to sound completely pompous, but why not just work them out for yourself? It's probably the easiest of all Graham's albums to work out and play. JESUS its great to play 'Girl Done Gone' really heavy on the Tele! Bottom Bunk is pretty fucking ace to play as are Freakin, Bittersweet and Hopeless Friend!! In fact all of the fuckers!
Nurse Janice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own an acoustic guitar. Still can't play it after all these years! (Not that I've been practising)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely play but I play a black Fender acoustic-electric.
field marshall coxon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1972 black telecaster cutom
1973 white hayman 3030
1992 black les paul
1962 black burns vibra artiste
1996 natural fender stratocaster
2001 shecter jazz bass
199- ovation balladeer acoustic
Kiara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talking about electric guitars, I have a white 60's Stratocaster, and I'm currently trying to purchase from a friend of my dad's friend a Telecaster. I had a Peavey one, but I lent it to a friend of mine and he still owns it.
plus, I have a semi-acoustic one and a classic one, both Yamaha. there's also an acoustic Epiphone at my mum's but I seldom use it, mainly because of some problems with the strings.

then, there's a bass, a Yamaha RBX170. my dear *_*
Kine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a cheap copy of a stratocaster by Louder guitars and an amp from Peavy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Tabs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: