forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk
Happiness in A+E

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

this will make you laugh...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Free For All
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: this will make you laugh... Reply with quote

or cry... says it all about the youth of today. deary me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuUflZJDMRs
steve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reaction of the interviewer Confused Surprised Shocked

and the photographer Laughing
Fogg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, I like that Antifa girl. She's a bit clueless but her heart's in the right place.

The Bible has some dodgy homophobic verses too, something about stoning a man if he lies with a man as he would a woman, and you've got your extreme nutjobs that take that ancient blurb way too seriously. The Westboro Baptists and a handful of loons who think a bit of man on man action causes hurricanes.

Why is Tommy Robinson seemingly only agitated by religious fruit-loopism when it's perpetrated by muslims? He wants to look closer to home, we've got the DUP holding similar views and the balance of power, he ought to give them some flak instead. It might stop him looking like a big racist. Twisted Evil
steve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fogg wrote:

Why is Tommy Robinson seemingly only agitated by religious fruit-loopism when it's perpetrated by muslims? He wants to look closer to home, we've got the DUP holding similar views and the balance of power, he ought to give them some flak instead. It might stop him looking like a big racist. Twisted Evil

So you're a racist if you want a crackdown on radical muslims? I must be a racist. First of all muslim is not a race but forget that. On the video below Tommy Robinson describes muslims who he talked with at Didsbury Mosque as "some quite sound Muslim lads." Now that doesn't sound like a racist to me.

1 minute 20seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxyLqE8H9tw

But this is what the left do, they close down talk with the word racist. foggy, i thought better of you than that.

This is typical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bADdJuN-4Ag&t=63s

Re the DUP holding similar views? Really? Explain to me what similar views they hold because you've lost me.
steve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll also post this after a Guardian article described Tommy Robinson as a white supremacist.

Tommy Robinson on 'The Daily Politics' 04MAY 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8GJve3RcmE

at 4:31 into the video Haras Rafiq of Quilliam states Tommy is not a white supremacist. Ane even states "He has been to my house and had dinner with my family."

Foggy, don't believe the lefty liberal media. Do your own research. That is all I will say.
Fogg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve wrote:

But this is what the left do, they close down talk with the word racist. foggy, i thought better of you than that.

Any high expectations of me are very much misplaced. Smile

When someone expresses concern about about paedos, but only muslim paedos, and moans about religious extremists, but only muslim extremism, and frets about other cultures eroding our traditional British values - but mainly because they're worried we're about to embrace Sharia Law, well, you must know how that's going to look? You're right, racist was perhaps the wrong word, I should have gone with one of the 'phobic words. Xeno or islamo.

The world's full of problems, I'm not denying there's a fringe Islamic element causing more than its fair share, but I think I've a fairly balanced view of it all. Tommy Robinson doesn't have a balanced view, and I'm not sure he has any answers. He's just a man obsessed so far as I can tell.
steve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fogg wrote:

Any high expectations of me are very much misplaced. Smile

Well you come across as an honest and intelligent guy to me.

I'd ask is this really acceptable on the streets of a UK town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2nlIfn8tNA

Foggy, You seem to be criticising Tommy Robinson because his main focus is on muslim extremists or muslim grooming gangs. He has been talking about this growing threat for years and when he is asked to appear on television or at a rally or when he does his work with Rebel Media, this is his area. This is what he knows about this is what he is attempting to highlight. I'm sure he has views on plenty of other things but the fact is, if this was not happening there wouldn't be a need for a Tommy Robinson. He is not the problem, muslim extremists are. But if you only go by the sensational media headlines then I agree it is easy to label someone and just not listen to what they have to say. But that will always be used by the media to guide peoples opinion the way they want.

You mentioned the bible and what other religions preach but christians are not running around attacking and killing innocent people on our streets are they. If other extreme groups be they religious or not doing the same thing then I have no doubt they would be getting mainstream media attention. Can you imagine for example if the recent attacks here in the UK were carried out by right wing extremists.

As for being an islamophobe, again it is another word that is used to insult and demonise. Mohan Singh of the Sikh Awareness Society is saying the exact same thing as Tommy Robinson, yet I don't hear him being labeled a racist or an islamophobe or accusations of an unhealthy obsession. Both are doing a great job in exposing the problems of Muslim extremists and grooming gangs. I don't understand this idea that if we just don't use the word Islam or Muslim then it will go away. I'm sorry it won't. But that is what is wrong, political correctness has gone so far the other way now that you can't talk or debate the real problems we face without being branded a racist or a phobe of some sort.

Listen to Mohan Singh, he is using the same words as Tommy Robinson and sharing the same platform. And many other people of all races and religions are doing the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKVfGersBzE

This video is a perfect example of what I am talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_KglANlsYk

If there are other grooming gangs other than muslim then they need to be exposed and put on trial but again if they weren't doing it then Tommy Robinson, Mohan Singh or anyone else wouldn't be talking about it or trying to get the attention of the mainstream media to cover this subject.

As for your last point about traditional British values, I'm a traditionalist, I want each country to keep their own identity, that is what makes the world such a diverse and wonderful place.

I'm not asking you to agree with all that Tommy Robinson is saying but this might give you a better understanding of where he is coming from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao2VlpxGFe4&t=3462s
steve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media in full swing trying to demonise I see. This is what the media do. Don't be fooled, this is about closing down the debate. First sign of a weak argument is to shout over someone and start name calling.

Kay Wilson, an extremely brave woman has said all there is to say.

(((Kay Wilson)))‏

https://twitter.com/kishkushkay

I thought @TRobinsonNewEra was a racist thug & Nazi. Read his book. Met him. The most wonderful compassionate person - EVER @piersmorgan

(((Kay Wilson)))‏ @kishkushkay
Here is the "racist" @TRobinsonNewEra with Arab Christian priest @FrGabNaddaf who called him a hero @piersmorgan

More racism & islamophobia from @TRobinsonNewEra who wanted to see first hand (& was shocked) at how #UNWRA treats the Muslims

Hey @piersmorgan here’s me & my wonderful Arab bus driver, (my best friend) hanging out with the racist Islamophobe @TRobinsonNewEra

FYI @piersmorgan… Here’s @TRobinsonNewEra being the racist Islamophobe, hanging out with Muslims in Palestine Authority *irony

And if you don't know this is Kay Wilson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP1n1KiSkcs
skweetis2U

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: ...Hello..., Reply with quote

...i'm gonna try and stay out of this one (whatever is going on regarding the social upheaval due to islamaphobia, Brexit, Tmay's Legitimacy and jcorbyn's leadership skills)

i've always enjoyed the great discussions that went on here
and i knew when to stay out most of the time

but i do appreciate the input cuz iam a curious person - always have been one to question the status quo to begin with - not much for answers though - i kinda wait for others to come up with some GOOD answers as opposed to the uninformed, lame-ass, solutions i would tend to come up with on the spur of a moment.

but i'm certainly not offended or angry wih anything that has been posted here.

honestly - the more i wake up and realize that we have been lied to for years and years it does make me angry -
so i have to work a bit to avoid coming across as another angry white man -

i'll just leave it at that for now - but cheers you lot !!
steve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skweets, good post. i say that because you just post your thoughts. as it should be. too many people today have been accustomed to keeping their views suppressed. they won't open up for fear of being labeled. we all have opinions, we don't all agree with each other but you respect the person and accept that we don't all have the same views. what i see today is too many people trying to look good for fear of upsetting someone. now i don't think you should set out to upset but by having an opinion on something you might just do that. we've had as you know loads of debates over the years on this forum and that is what made this place special. you could say what you wanted to say and move on. yeah you always got the odd one or two that got upset then played the victim card. if i remember you had that experience yourself skweets.

it is like some people go around in this bubble where only their view of the world is allowed to exist. and when that is burst it is like oh god how can you think that then you get the name calling then they run away and never want to talk to you again. how can you develop your knowledge with an attitude like that. i believe in free thinking, you can and you are allowed to change your mind when information is given to you. it makes you a better person than believing that i am on the right side all the time.

I know that we have a lot of people reading this from different parts of the world. i don't know your background, how you were brought up, where you went to school, what you were taught or your religion. i know where I have come from, my own upbringing, my journey. i can go into detail that might surprise you. i'm like you skweets, i'm interested in how people have formed their views and how they come to the conclusions that they do. at times i have felt that my opinions might make some people uncomfortable, some like to believe we all think the same but we don't and that is healthy.
skweetis2U

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: ...Yeah..., Reply with quote

...tks steve - i do appreciate your 'Presence" here
you hve been a great help over the years and obviously
we wouldn't be here now except for your efforts...,

yeah - i remember that time some gal (american) got upset with me
but she was a drama queen of the first order...

and i was not involved at all in the Huge breakup
we lost a lot of regulars and i swear i never even
knew what it was about - it didn't involve me at all
i was amazed at how many people bailed out and disappeared

i've have missed Simon's presence - he was such a wonderful person and a great source of energy for the whole lot here, especially the London crowd -

but - i still feel welcome and look forward to notifications of new posts and replies - and i like to add to the sum when i have something worth adding....

tks again steve
steve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: ...Yeah..., Reply with quote

thanks skweets,.. as you know a lot of time and effort was put in by many over the years to make this place what it was. i think we've talked before about why so many left... just to make it clear in no way was i suggesting that you had any involvement in what happened. to be honest you have always been the calm presence on the forum. always polite and always quick to welcome new people. it was a real shame that so many felt the need to leave. but the door is always open and anyone is welcome to come and post / rejoin. it would be great if some of the old crowd as well as a new group of people can take part and keep this place going.
Fogg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I somehow missed this big schism completely. I don't know anything about it. I registered when it was busy, Love Travels era, but only really started posting around the Spinning Top spell, and by then it was quiet with a funny post-apocalyptic vibe. I never found out why.

Anyway, Steve, I'm not sure I agree with your "most people keep their views to themselves for fear of upsetting anyone", my interpretation of that is you think most people agree with you but take a more PC line for the sake of appearances. I think there's a strong chance that most people just want to get on with things with a live and let live approach.

Yes, I accept that there are radicalised / hard-line muslims that are a problem, but I see the other side of the coin. I'm just as world-weary with the far right intolerant types that turn up at mosques with pig masks on and spew their own form of twisted hate.

I just want everybody to be nice. I'm leading by example. Smile
steve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fogg wrote:
I somehow missed this big schism completely. I don't know anything about it. I registered when it was busy, Love Travels era, but only really started posting around the Spinning Top spell, and by then it was quiet with a funny post-apocalyptic vibe. I never found out why.

Re the forum - I think a "quiet with a funny post-apocalyptic vibe" about sums it up. No point in going over it now but it could and should have been avoided. I'll leave it at that.

Foggy, I think you are right that most people just want to get on with their lives and not get involved in what many would see as serious debate. I totally understand that but so many people just take what the mainstream media report as fact and in most cases that can be very misleading. They have an agenda, they no longer just report the news they guide it yet people base their opinions on it.

I think some people do avoid giving an opinion on certain subjects for fear of being labeled. As you know I have mentioned this many times so no point in going over it again. As for my views, well I think there is a large section of people who would agree with what I have to say on certain issues but I also accept that there is also a large section of people that don't. But I don't mind that because it gives me the chance to debate with them. I think it says everything about a person if they are not prepared to see an alternative view. Like I said it is the only way you learn, closing your mind and name calling is not the answer. Trying to claim the moral high ground is not the answer.

We have had our say on Tommy Robinson so again no point in going over that again. What I would say is he speaks with passion, he knows his subject, he knows it very well and that makes people who interview him very uncomfortable because of that. Some don't like his approach, he wasn't university educated and he doesn't speak with a posh accent. As an example Douglas Murray who is saying a lot of the same things gets more respect and better media coverage because he is more media polished and has had the right education. As I've said before take away the person and look at what is being said, it might not be what you believe but it's not preaching hate or being extreme.

As for far right extremism, I totally agree with you. They are a bunch of idiots / scum whatever word you want to use. Be it the NF, BNP or some people within the EDL. I have no time for idiots like that. They are dangerous without a doubt. Antifa are also dangerous scum, I have no time for people who associate with that lot. The IRA were also scum, yet some people seem to ignore as do the media to a large extent the support they were shown by Corbyn, Abbott, Mcdonnell et al. A different agenda of course.

What happened the other day when that idiot drove into a group of Muslims was terrible. It makes me sick to think that we live in a society where people have so much hate. It was an attack carried out by a misguided fool who used it as an excuse for his sad life and the hate he has for it. It was only a matter of time before some idiot took some so called revenge. That is not to make an excuse for what he did. The other attacks by radicalised Muslims who form part of a bigger goal, they are fighting a holy war. They want to play a part in the death of our society. I don't know how many more innocent lives will be lost but we have to find answers and people should be free to express their point of view without being demonised. We have to have people prepared to take on and defeat radical islam. The moderate Muslims must lead that fight and they must do more.

I don't think anyone can seriously compare the threat we face today from Muslim extremism with that of the far right. That is just plain crazy for anyone to suggest such a thing. What planet is this person on. deary me is she for real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzbHb7JissI

I'd also ask this would the lefty liberals be as laid back if the attacks we are seeing were coming from right wing extremists? I think you know the answer to that. We saw it at the beginning of the week.

I'd just say to everyone reading this watch these three videos and make up your own mind. Because what they are saying is fact. This is not going away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJQPGQkhL0w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQ94jFg_4A&t=1405s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqJRuzoIjU8

I just want everybody to get on as well. Smile So I've decided that from now on I will keep my opinions for my blog.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Free For All All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: