forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk
Happiness in A+E

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Donald 'My-head's-so-far-up-my-ass-I-see-my-tonsils' Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Free For All
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakob

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's look at the positives.

Regardless of how you feel about Trump, it seems healthy that it wasn't the candidate with the most money spent by far who won.
And it was a candidate that wasn't chosen and backed by the political establishment.

Both indicate that the playing field is more even than a lot of skeptics thought. (even though you still have to have deep pockets/well connected).
steve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakob wrote:
let's look at the positives.

Regardless of how you feel about Trump, it seems healthy that it wasn't the candidate with the most money spent by far who won.
And it was a candidate that wasn't chosen and backed by the political establishment.

Both indicate that the playing field is more even than a lot of skeptics thought. (even though you still have to have deep pockets/well connected).

Spot on Jakob, again I totally agree with you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just one example of why I am glad I stay away from idiots on Twitter and Facebook - I heard about this backlash on social media against New Balance after they backed Trump. So I thought I'd see what the issue was all about.

Do these clowns on social media have an independent opinion or is it about a pack mentality and anything that Trump supports has to be bad. Maybe if they got their brain into gear assuming they have one, and do a bit of research. They would find that the reason why New Balance came out in support of Trump is because they are against the Trans-Pacific free trade agreement. They want to continue to manufacture in the States and protect jobs.

Seriously you couldn't make it up but that is the world we live in. People on the likes of twitter and facebook jumping up and down and throwing their toys out the pram. It doesn't matter if they are trying to protect local jobs because they have heard a major company come out and support Trump and now they talk about a boycott of the company and never buying the product again. And all because Trump is the bogeyman. When are these people going to engage the brain. Is that too much to ask. And one last thing if they did some research they would find that Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are also against TPP. And oh yeah Nike are in favour of the deal.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/new-balance-faces-social-media-backlash-after-welcoming-trump-1478823102

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve, even if this is "satire" or whatever, you might like this rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Cool
steve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakob wrote:
steve, even if this is "satire" or whatever, you might like this rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Cool

Laughing haha that is great and he's nailed it. thanks for posting that Cool

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not nailed it at all.

Hillary is establishment, dour, uninspirational, but ultimately the electorate shunned the more PC ticket. You can't blame the left for how the right voted. It's like blaming people who watch Newsnight for X Factor.
Jakob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, i'm not a supporter of either candidate, but of the two there's not a doubt in my mind that i would choose hillary.

As a friend of mine said, the list of things trump has said during the campaign includes:
- Not accepting if he would lose the vote.
- Not categorically denying the use of nuclear weapons in Europe
- Denying muslims entry
- Mark american muslims like the nazis did to the jews
- Entice violence at his rallys
- Insinuating that Obama was working for the enemy, and after that say he is the founder of Isis.

It doesn't matter if you believe him or not. He's been throwing fascist talk left and right, and that is simply NOT OK, by any standards.
Jakob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fogg wrote:

Hillary is establishment, dour, uninspirational, but ultimately the electorate shunned the more PC ticket. You can't blame the left for how the right voted. It's like blaming people who watch Newsnight for X Factor.

i saw a graph showing, that the republican candidate didn't get any more actual votes than the earlier elections. It was the democrats that failed to mobilise the democrat voters of the Obama elections.
So in that regard, it is actually partly a fault of the left.
steve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fogg wrote:

Foggy he's not talking about how the right voted. He doesn't even mention them. He is talking about how Trump got elected and he is spot on. To win any election you need to capture the middle ground. You need to persuade enough floating voters to vote for you over a number of issues. You need to get people to connect with the person they are voting for. They will not agree with all of their views but you need to tick enough boxes. That is how you win the middle ground. The rest will vote for a party no matter who is leading it.

He nailed it because of the following statements-

Hillary Clinton what were democrats thinking of and how shit do you need to be to lose to that.

The left have got to the stage where they are no longer putting over any argument across when Clinton considered Liberal no she’s fucking not.

My facebook friends keep saying I'm with her ... Well I'm fucking not

I've no sympathy for her... Just be a better candidate

The left have decided that any other way of looking at the world is unacceptable because the left have won the culture war

How many times does the vote not go our way before we realise that our argument is not won by hurling labels and insults

When will we learn that the key is discusion

Stop thinking that any other opinion is not worth debate because we are right. And if you don't agree with us you are a racist.

You are attacked for raising your opinion by the left

The left don't allow debate, the left closedown debate

Engage in debate and persuade them

Talk to people who think different

Stop throwing labels about and engage in debate and stop acting superior.

Being a guardian reader or retweeting greenpeace doesn't lower your carbon footprint

Stop thinking that everyone that doesn't agree with you is either evil, racist, sexist or stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve wrote:

Stop thinking that everyone that doesn't agree with you is either evil, racist, sexist or stupid.

They've just gone and elected someone who exhibits those qualities in spades.

Sorry I never got back to you re that post Steve, there was too much to go at.
Introvert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I solemnly swear Trump is up to no good.

Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Free For All All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: