forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk
Happiness in A+E

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Empty word

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Albums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brittannia

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Empty word Reply with quote

This song, for whatever reason, continues to be a super emotional song for me. I love it, but when I listen to it, it's the most heart-breaking Graham song of all time. Anyone feel the same about it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones that I tend to find super-emotional are the sort of downbeat acoustic numbers. Think 'All Has Gone' and 'A Place For Grief'. I'm not saying that Graham should revert back to alcoholism (I would never wish alcoholism or any addiction on anyone), but one can't deny that Crow Sit On Blood Tree does have a certain obvious emotional weight to it in places because of the circumstances surrounding its making.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one was always overwhelmingly emotional to me, but of course not in a bad way
i like how that guitar riff stumbles around the song all clumsily and then it all comes together in the verse more chaotic than ever, with graham bashing the hell out of the cymbals on his drums

regardless of how i'm feeling that song will always arouse some sort of emotion in me
it's some heavy stuff for sure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Albums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: