forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk
Happiness in A+E

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the kiss of morning....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Albums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
field marshall coxon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: the kiss of morning.... Reply with quote

my fav so far...nice balance in production/enigineer and the songs are killer.whats your high points/low points from the album?
Sean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Said it before, say it again...."Baby You're Out of Your Mind", "Mountain of Regret" and the genuinely moving "Good Times" are my killer tracks. It's also my favourite album cover of Graham's. It's a beautiful little sketch, that, and I love to own a proper framed copy.
field marshall coxon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol..i have it framed actually on my studio wall..along with the clash on the belfast streets....and thats it!
Sean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where or how did you get a decent copy to frame?
field marshall coxon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t'was on ebay sometime ago....
Little trouble girl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first time i listened to kiss of morning i was....amazed...such a beautiful sad album....my favourite songs are still bitter tears and the escape song.....but now ( some months later) i think itīs a bit boring....but i really love it.....itīs my favourite album after the golden d!
ifa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm listening to it right now. Bitter tears is really moving Crying or Very sad . I didn't like escape song the first time i listened to it but the song is sooo good played in live.and why anybody never mentionned latte ??! Shocked
but the highest moment of the album is track 5 with a climax between 1min38sec and 2min27 after the beginnin' of the song. i know you'll know what i mean, it's quite the same thing for trimm trabb. this is what zegut called a musical orgasm Laughing aahaa... this is definitely my fave album, i prefer it to HiM

Last edited by ifa on Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
kitty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i love zegut!! he's got the best taste in music ever. well, most of the time... he's a good radio presenter, indeed.
MATTOB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember spending hours learning the picking for Bitter tears. It is pretty amazing. I will never grow weary of Coxon's guitaring, not ever. He is a true inspiration to me Smile I hope he might read these forums now and then, maybe he'll catch this message and smile Smile

simon3862

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know MATTOB.. he just might Wink Where in Essex are you.. I'm a Romford boy these days but don't shout it from the rooftops much.
umaguma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my fav songs are latte,it ain't no lie, song for the sick(i quite like when it's mean Evil or Very Mad )and of course Bitter Tears.
but i think my fav words for this one are :

i'm holding my head up high
i'm thinking of those who cannot breathe
my head is above water
but my body's down beneath.

what's better than someone you can kiss & play good music with?
a'damn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'kiss of morning' is definitely a beautiful album.
musically and artistically.
the record, with the shiney foil matched with the mat brown cardboard gives off a nice feel.

and a double 12" to boot.

my most listened to album of his, and the only one i don't have on ceedee too. one of these days i'll find it and snag a copy.
________
Scuderia ferrari

Last edited by a'damn on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
VenusInFurs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kiss of morning is an excellent album that doesn't compare to the last two, they are in different places, I think, and they cannot be put into the same category.

HIM and LTAIS rock! I like them from beginning to end, but TKOM is my favourite one, that one is an album I feel in a deeper level...
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awsome!
neilchair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been collecting the albums in a strange order.. Bought Happiness In Magazines first, after hearing Freakin Out (like a lot of people I expect) and then got hold of The Sky Is Too High, which I'm not too familiar with yet, though I love I Wish..

Then got Love Travels when it came out, and very recently got The Kiss Of Morning, which is my current favourite. Bitter Tears is brilliant, as is Good Times.. but I like the rockier tracks too, like Do What You're Told and that middle 8 of Ain't No Lie where he does Jimmy Page followed by Fat Bottomed Girls!

No idea what to expect from the other two, which is cool!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Albums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: