forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk
Happiness in A+E

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the kiss of morning....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Albums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roxanne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: the boy's dead. Reply with quote

earlier i realised that graham coxons soul is buried at the bottom of the mountains on the cover of this album. someone needs to go dig him up.

tin hat wrote:
fuck man i bare my soul and you bastards have moved on!
Zener Diode

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: the boy's dead. Reply with quote

roxanne wrote:
earlier i realised that graham coxons soul is buried at the bottom of the mountains on the cover of this album. someone needs to go dig him up.

Laughing Laughing
spun rivals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: love it Reply with quote

i just love it!
it's one of those albums that got me through a crap faze of my life. It was the one constant. It kind of has that kind of "new beginning" feel about it & thats what i was needing to find at the time. It is one of those albums that you dont need to skip any tracks on, they are all brilliant. the album just has soooo much soul! I remeber the week I got it. It is probably the one album that has effected me in such a powerfull way. it hit me! anyway>> just needed to share my love for it!
cheers
rich

ps. hi forum people. it is great to see so many coxon fans!
field marshal d

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: love it Reply with quote

spun rivals wrote:
It kind of has that kind of "new beginning" feel about it & thats what i was needing to find at the time.!

kinda mayb why the title 'dig two graves' wouldnt have suited it as its a saying..about before setting out for revenge first dig two graves.
mog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my favourite album again now that it's winter! really comforting like a jumper
crow_sit_on_blood_tree

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiss of morning is booooooom maaaaan1111
cookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not going to be bringing any insightful comments to this as this is one of my posts about music Rolling Eyes

but i just wanted to say that i've been listening to this album an awful lot over the last couple of weeks (pretty much constantly these past few days if i'm honest)... and i think that it's my favourite out of all his albums...

there's something that runs through all the songs that just speaks to me so very much, maybe it's a slight air of melancholy, i don't know but it just does something to me that i can't quite express...
and on occasion, when i have been particulary emotional and vulnerable, it can make me cry... but it also manages to lift me at the same time...
and it's really made me sit and think about stuff and what i want out of my life... and what i don't want...

i also like the way the mood can lift within a song, like in bitter tears towards the end when the drums come in... and i love live line, i think it's my favourite graham song full stop... mountain of regret is also high on my list (god, haven't we all felt like that... and the same goes for song for the sick, which i've got a nasty habit of singing along to as i walk down the street)... as well as the afforementioned bitter tears... escape song too (which when i heard it live, well, i thought it was utterly amazing and it was hearing that that made me start actually listening to this album properly, rather than just having it play in the background... gosh, at this moment in time, i'd love to sail across the sea because i need to be free)... i also really love just be mine... baby you're out of your mind... it ain't no lie... do what you are told... latte... heck, all the songs have beome so very dear to me it's pretty impossible to call their order in just how much i love them...

i could quite happily be stranded on a desert island with this as one of my chosen discs...
bad_day

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u said it all cookie.at least theres other peeps who no wot a good record-ing is all about.will always be overlooked shame but atleast we've had the privlage. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy do what your sp-told to Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
miko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just listened to the album yesterday at night when i couldn't sleep. i adored it before. it's one of my faves but gosh it sounded so strong in the dark! esp live line. just wow! the quitarrr and the vocals are so beautiful in it Shocked
or bitter tears where gray's singing in this low sad voice...
amazing lp
DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
Jakob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i play live line i just play it as it comes along... to me, it's a song that needs to be played very loose... just go with the flow Smile
and kotm is my favourite gc album.
elinor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love this album. i think it's a master piece, not less.
there's not a weak track in this album.
i have to say this album, as much as i love it, breaks my heart
and that why i'm not listening to it so often.
but once in a while i love listening to escape song and song for the sick.
great album.
DELETED

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
ladyg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elinor you're right, I find the album really intense and can only listen to it when I'm in the right frame of mind. It is a great album indeed.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one doesn't have the same effect on me as does his first three solo albums

there's some nice songs on there though, i just think a half a dozen tracks come across as uninteresting
not that they're just downright boring or whatever but i just feel that what those songs do for me have already been done in other pieces of music that i like better, so there's really no need to come back to this album over and over again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Albums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: