forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk
Happiness in A+E

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most Embarassing Record You've Ever Bought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Free For All
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mishmosh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Most Embarassing Record You've Ever Bought Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m64UgTJ1DM

He's the cloth version of Honey G. Laughing

When I was kneehigh to a grasshopper, I saved up and bought the 7" in Woolworths with two weeks pocket money...and yes, I still have it somewhere, totally scratched to bits and unplayable because I never looked after my records as a kid.

Maybe it's just as well!
Fogg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Eric Prydz thing, the one with the sweat and leotards, I've got that on DVD somewhere. I hate dance music too.

Talking conventional embarrassment, I bought Trouble by Shampoo. It's probably a better record than Roland Rat, mind.
Jakob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never bought a bad record Cool
Mishmosh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fogg wrote:
That Eric Prydz thing, the one with the sweat and leotards, I've got that on DVD somewhere. I hate dance music too.

Talking conventional embarrassment, I bought Trouble by Shampoo. It's probably a better record than Roland Rat, mind.

hahaha...I guess you were on a fitness kick and wanted to join in the workout in front of the telly - wahey!

After all these years, I'm still talking to my therapist about the Rat, there's even discussions about a diagnosis of PTSD at the moment.

The worst record I bought as an adult has to be the Menswear album by miles. Going by the all hype in the music press, I was expecting a religious experience but ended up with a musical abortion in my earhole. Select mag you lying feckers!
Gypsy07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mishmosh wrote:
I was expecting a religious experience but ended up with a musical abortion in my earhole.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think my worst purchase has got to be a Pearl Jam one I bought years ago... I can't even remember which one or where it is because I ended up banishing it from my sight out of sheer embarrassment, no idea what I was thinking at the time Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ ha...you've told me far, far worse m'lady. Please send me £500 hush money in the post ASAP, you know my address. Laughing

I know what you mean about Pearl Jam as they've been flogging a dead horse for years. Eddie Vedder's back-of-the-throat singing sounds a bit like a hybrid goat man, Jim Morrison and wookie. Naahhhhhh!
steve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've never been embarrassed by the records i've bought. at the time i bought them because i liked them and although time has moved on i still enjoy listening back to most of the records i bought. My record buying started around 73 - around that time is the first memories i have of buying singles. I would buy a couple of singles nearly every week with my pocket money. Then get home and play them over and over. It was just great pop music. I wasn't really a fan of one band, I'd watch top of the pops every thursday night and then just buy what i liked. off the top of my head...

Sweet blockbuster, ballroom blitz, teenage Rampage
Wizzard see my baby jive
Gary Glitter I'm the leader of the gang, i love you love me, hello hello i'm back again
Slade Cum On feel the noise, Skweeze me pleeze me
10cc Rubber Bullets
Suzi Quatro Can the Can, 48 Crash, Devil Gate Drive
The Osmonds crazy horses
Mud Tiger Feet
The Rubettes Sugar Baby Love
Bay City Rollers Shang-A-Lang, summer love sensation, money honey
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel Make Me Smile
Paul McCartney & Wings Jet
Pilot Magic
David Essex Hold Me Close, Gonna Make You A Star
Pilot January
Limmie & The Family Cookin' You Can Do Magic

still like all of them to this day...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.grahamcoxon.co.uk Forum Index -> Free For All All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: